Thursday, 23 July 2015

Thinking of You, Mum


Today I'd like to share with you that I’m thinking of my mum, who’s been gone 14 years today. I was 25 and my mum 54 when she passed away. When you lose your mum, you lose
your friend, your teacher, your guide, your support and your mirror. You lose the only person in life who would take a bullet for you. That relationship is irreplaceable and there isn’t a week that goes past when I don’t think about her. 


So, here’s to our lovely, warm, beautiful, patient, kind, funny, talented and generous mum. Jo, Nicky and I hope you are happy, wherever you might be.

Have you lost your mum? Can you share your story? 

Also, heartwarming advice from a father to a daughter.

6 comments:

  1. Beautiful Els. Thinking of you today and sending lots of love xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Als. Really appreciate your kind words. They mean a lot x

      Delete
  2. El, I loved reading this post about your mum and it made me cry. You were so young, and how has 14 years passed so quickly? You've coped amazingly and I feel for you today El. Wxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'd never thought of the fact that a mum is the one person who'd take a bullet for you. Wow, powerful stuff. Love you loads sis xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can't imagine losing your mum at such an early age. I still have my mum but she is getting on in years and I can see how she's slowing down. Sometimes I look at her and I can feel a lump in my throat because I know there are limited years left. We're not a touchy feely family but I try to give her a hug when I can - I think she secretly likes it :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've just realised I did not reply to this Sue. I'm so sorry! I read it at the time though. Our family isn't touchy feely either but I think everyone secretly likes it when someone is first to reach out. Here's to being touchy feely!

      Delete