Wednesday, 22 July 2015

A Genius Travel Tip

caroline issa the sartorialist

I want to share a little travel tip. When you go on holiday, do you settle in and feel at home easily? Or do you take a while? Dan says it always takes me a day to get into the
swing of things, which is annoying – get a grip, you're on holiday ffs – but my funny friend and long-time travel partner, Alfie, once gave me this piece of advice which has stuck:

"On any trip, as soon I get to the hotel I like to nest. I unpack my entire suitcase, hang things up and put them in drawers. I arrange my products in the bathroom, lay magazines from the journey out on the table, put the book I've brought to read by the bed, so it's like I'm at home. Then I feel ready for my holiday."

It's such an obvious and simple idea. So now, before following Dan's lead – dump bags and hit the streets immediately – I nest.

(Photo via The Sartorialist)

3 comments:

  1. I always have to get my pjs out and under my pillow when I arrive and all my toiletries into the bathroom, not so bothered about everything else!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Do you really put PJs under the pillow? That's so sweet!

      Delete
  2. The real comfort is given by small little things not by luxurious things..........Tour Operator in India & Travel Agency in India

    ReplyDelete