Thursday, 27 August 2015

LOVE: An Illustrated Guide


If like me you cringe at the sight of all those cliched Valentine's Day gestures: plastic-wrapped bunches of 24 red roses, chocolates in heart-shaped boxes, 'I love you' teddy bears,
I think you're going to like what I'm about to show you. Through these beautiful illustrations, Korean artist, Puuung, shows us that real love isn't a series of grand gestures, instead it's the little things that really matter. She writes on her Facebook page: 'Love is something that everybody can relate to. And love comes in ways that we can easily overlook in our daily lives. So I try to find the meaning of love in our daily lives and make it into artwork.' Take a look at my favourite picks From Puuung's absolutely wonderful drawings:






















Admit it: you were looking for the cat in each one, weren't you?

2 comments:

  1. These are wonderful, so different. Like you the first picture is like my partner when he comes home and i love the one of him covering her with a blanket....its the little things! Thanks for sharing Xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They're so lovely aren't they? Makes me think we need to be wary of the grand gestures! I love there's a cat in each one too. Glad you enjoyed the post!

      Delete