Tuesday, 4 August 2015

Summer Cocktail of the Week: El Diablo

El Diablo cocktail Street Feast

As a rule, I don't like tequila much. I have too many memories of getting sick on it in my 20s, so I tend to avoid it. That was until I went to hipsterville hang out, the Street Feast food market in East London and spotted someone drinking this lusty-worthy concoction. Turns out the cocktail in questions is called an El Diablo and is full of tequila, but I got stuck in regardless and did not regret it. Recreate your own version of the El Diablo here:

2 shots tequila
1 shot creme de cassis
1 shot fresh lime juice
ginger beer
lime wedge

Mix the first three ingredients together and pour over ice. Top with ginger beer and garnish with a lime wedge.

9 comments:

  1. never had one and HATE tequila too but it looks amazing!! why wasn't martin making these on saturday????

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Als, I honestly detest tequila but this was delicious. Martin had no mixers! Only cream!

      Delete
    2. what kind of a host only has cream as a mixer?? ;-)
      i feel i must try one!! x

      Delete
  2. That was a great cocktail even though I also HATE tequila.
    No mixers required for Manhattens which were amazing, thanks Martin :O)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't have any of the Manhattan but loved the mint choc chip thing... delicious.

      Delete
  3. To be fair I like any cocktail with Ginger Beer so it was always going to be a winner. Shame about the colour being a MAN an' all.
    It'll clash with my shirt.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No reason why a man can't have a drink that's pink.

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. It really is! Thanks for commenting - I love Three Chairs :-)

      Delete