Thursday, 11 August 2016

Inside the Wes Anderson Cafe in Italy


If like me you're a fan of the quirky film director, Wes Anderson, you'll probably be interested to know that he's designed the interior of a café bar in Milan. Look at those

dreamy colour palettes and that ceiling. Sitting around and drinking coffee here might be like having an 'extra' part in one of his films. As I have no plans to be in Milan any time soon, I couldn't resist a nose around Instagram for a look inside.



The director has said that he wanted to create a bar he would want to spend his own real-life afternoons in, and that although he's great at creating movie sets, this 'would be an even better place to write a movie'.




It's called Bar Luce and you'll find it within a new art and culture complex, Fondazione Prada, owned by the Italian fashion label. Inside, there's a Steve Zissou pinball machine, retro formica tables, and a fabulous old-fashioned sweet shop bar.














Even the toilets are immediately photo-worthy and dare I say it, enticing.




Psssst! Post you might have missed! How about dinner in this pretty restaurant in a sea cave?

4 comments:

  1. Oooh! How gorgeous...

    What a great tip, I'll try and check it out next time I go visit my dad in Milan and post some pictures (I'm notoriously bad at taking pictures when on holiday)!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'd be very jealous but would love to see your pictures! I don't think it would be possible to take a bad photo of somewhere so beautiful!

      Delete
  2. I happened to be lucky that my friend couldn't find a date for an event so he generously took me with him, which happened to be one of the best experience for me in recent times. I was lucky enough to see this place. If you get a chance to check out live music nyc here please do so.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for sharing, Penguin. Was it amazing? I'm hoping to visit soon - it's on the bucket list...

      Delete