Monday, 26 October 2015

My London Crash Pad...


Living in Brighton, I can never quite justify staying in a hotel when I'm back in the city for an event. Admittedly, travelling home on the BKE (Burger King Express. You're

welcome.) at night is never pleasant; an experience best avoided, but it's do-able and in around 1.5 hours, I'm tucked up in my own bed. I also grew up a London girl and feel extravagant staying in a hotel when I can crash on someone’s couch. HOWEVER, today I'm rethinking things having taken a virtual tour of this fabulous new hotel on the London scene, Artist Residence. Bonus: it's in Pimlico which is just a few minutes' walk from Victoria station, and really close to King's Road.




It almost certainly lives up to its name if you imagine how a 1960s bohemian artist with impeccable taste and old money would decorate his residence. Think New York's Chelsea Hotel meets Georgian townhouse. It's all exposed brick, weathered commodes, velvet green armchairs, kilim couches and pop art posters all been masterfully thrown together by its two young owners, hoteliers Justin Salisbury and Charlotte Newey. 




love the idea of sitting around in the clubroom, fireside, nursing a huge glass of white wine, and I've already virtually fallen in love with the decor in this Aladdin's Cave of antique treasures. Yep, I can just see myself liking it here...















Have I tempted you to check in? 

Find the Artist Residence London at 52 Cambridge Street, Pimlico SW1V 4QQ.

4 comments:

  1. yes you have - sod peckham, you'll find me in pimlico!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll meet you there. I'm staying in the Brighton one for our wedding anniversary. Stay tuned...

      Delete
  2. Very glamorous. Bet you don't get blueberry pancakes for breakfast!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hmmm... that is a good point! Don't worry - I'm not snubbing you for Pimlico x

      Delete