1. Carrie Fisher, in Finse, Norway during the filming of Star Wars, 1979.
2. This gingerbread house.
3. How to make Christmas crackers, circa 1933.
Found on British Pathe's You Tube channel.
4. Christmas decoration inspo.
Found on Reddit.
5. The ultimate hipster Christmas decoration: BEARD BAUBLES!
All the proceeds from these clip-on Christmas decorations that turn men's faces into glittering centrepieces go to Beard Season, an Australian charity raising awareness of skin cancer. You can buy them here! Dan is definitely getting some.
Via Bored Panda.
6. The first ever Rockefeller Centre Christmas tree, 1931.
"On Christmas Eve, 1931, in the midst of the Great Depression, construction workers building what was to become Rockefeller Center in New York City pooled their money together and bought a 20-foot balsam fir tree. They lined up beside the tree decorated with homemade garlands and one-by-one received their paychecks. Little did they know that that simple act would inspire a grand tradition now in its 83rd year (there was no tree in 1932; the tradition picked up again the following year)."
Via All That Is Interesting.
7. Japan's lake of 'frost flowers'.
Via Vintage Everyday.
Via Smitten Kitchen, here.
10. A fizzy gin cocktail.
Via Crooked Inspiration.
11. Walking with reindeer.
National Geographic photographer Erika Larsen takes you into the world of the Sami reindeer herders.
Via National Geographic.
Happy Holidays Ellie & Co readers. See you in 2016!