Wednesday, 18 May 2016

What Your Name Says About Your Personality


Do you know what your first name means? According to this handy website, “choosing a name is choosing a fate.” Crikey! The site gives a detailed description for each first name,
including your personality, likes and dislikes, relationship predictions and ideal careers.

They’re freakishly on-point. For example, Dan is "Rather curious" and "into and amused by everything.” (SO TRUE, he has an intrinsic need to pick things up and take them apart...), while I find a life of routine "drab and dreary" and "instead need action, fantasy and excitement!" and am apparently a "seductive creature." Not sure about that! :-)

You can have a look at it here. What does your first name mean? Is it accurate?

(Photo via Humans of New York)

2 comments:

  1. Hi Ellie, funny I remember looking at that website when I was looking at baby names for my daughter, and it turned out that although we have different names (Sara and Anna) the description of the personality was the same! I remember the "curious little monkeys" part made me laugh and struck a chord... So here we are 3 years later, and while she looks just like her daddy she sure acts a lot like me.
    P.S. I love the Humans of New York blog, their series on the children's hospital is so gripping and moving...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Sara - ah, that's a sweet story and amazing you both have similar personalities that match your name descriptions – I love the name Anna, too and am obsessed with the Humans of NY's new 'series'. So touching.

      Delete