Friday, 2 September 2016

High School Fashion, Circa 1969

hippie high school fashion 1969

Even though I haven’t been on my summer holiday yet, somehow September’s arrived like a sudden sharp slap in the face, as if to say, “Come on people, the summer’s over and it’s
time to get back to school!” If like me you’re in complete denial winter even exists, today I've decided to keep the summer vibes alive for as long as possible, starting with a look at some faded Technicolour photos of 1969 hippie high school fashion. They were taken by legendary LIFE photographer, Arthur Schatz (great name) to document emerging fashion trends at the time and are bursting with that warm California summer glow. To be honest, some of the outfits are not far off looks I see on kids at the school near my house or maybe even at Coachella…

hippie high school fashion 1969

hippie high school fashion 1969



hippie high school fashion 1969


hippie high school fashion 1969

hippie high school fashion 1969

hippie high school fashion 1969

hippie high school fashion 1969

hippie high school fashion 1969

hippie high school fashion 1969

hippie high school fashion 1969

hippie high school fashion 1969

hippie high school fashion 1969

hippie high school fashion 1969

hippie high school fashion 1969

hippie high school fashion 1969

hippie high school fashion 1969


Find the full story on Time magazine, here.

2 comments:

  1. I love the flowery maxi dress. I can't believe I'm seeing Christmas pics on Pinterest already! X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, me too. Wish you could buy this stuff still. I love Christmas but not this early! x

      Delete