Wednesday, 14 December 2016

Abandoned Building Art Installation


I'm intrigued by abandoned buildings so when I came across this, I did an animated double take. It looks like one of those cool Palm Springs Modernist homes in photos like these, left
to decay in the jungle, doesn't it? But it's actually an art installation called After You Left at a gallery in East London. I know, right? It looks so real, from the rusty window frames to the crumbling walls and black mould...


This brick building that looks as though it's been abandoned to the elements is the creation of artist called Alex Hartley and is set in the gallery's waterside garden filled with tropical plants and trees. There's actually something kind of mesmerising and romantic about it even though it looks eerie and I can't stop staring at it. 



The exhibition continues inside the gallery where there are more dreamy paintings and photographs of the natural environment...




I would love to say, I can't wait to see it, but I'm a little late to this party of abandonment which sadly ends on Friday... so if you can't get there by then, you'll have to make do with this blog post.

Pssst! Post you might have missed! Giant pumpkins and mirrors.
SaveSave

No comments:

Post a Comment