Thursday, 12 January 2017

Bridge Phobia




Although I love travelling, a hobby known to involve facing heights at one point or another, I'm a total heights phobe. I haven't changed tubes at Westminster underground station in
years as the futuristic-like escalators scare me to death and I once had to be rescued by a sympathetic tourist as I froze to the spot, white-faced and sobbing in the middle of the Millennium Bridge. Crossing bridges, my heart pounds, my legs turn weak, I go dizzy, and feel the urge to lie down in case I involuntarily throw myself off. Irrational, I know. Sometimes I'll have to hold my friends' hands; I've even asked strangers to help me across when I'm caught out with no other option!


So you can imagine my reaction when when I saw this terrifying video of people crossing a glass-bottomed suspension bridge in China. OMG! Dan told me not to watch it but curiosity got the better of me...





P.S. Could you do dinner in the sky? (I'll watch from below...)

Illustration via Garance Dore.

2 comments:

  1. i don't think i could do that els! it's making me feel funny just watching it!!!!

    ReplyDelete